Saturday, May 26, 2007

Crosby asks forgiveness


Letter to the Editor:

About a year ago when I entered my guilty plea for accepting illegal gifts, I apologized on the courthouse steps to the people of Florida and, more importantly, took responsibility for my actions.

I have also had the opportunity to apologize to several individuals who were directly hurt by my actions.

In addition to these, however, I believe I still owe one to you who have supported me for so many years in this community and to the hard-working staff of the Department of Corrections. I am sincerely sorry for having let you down.

By the time you read this, I will be in federal prison. I'm sure it will be some time, if ever, before I see most of you again.

Finally, I realize there will be some of you who will presume to know my heart and simply say, "he's not sorry," and others who will care less if I am or not; but to the remainder of you, I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.

Jimmy Crosby Jr.

No comments: